Friday, April 13, 2012

Under the Sea Thank You Gel Card

I made this card for my boyfriends parents after spending a week with them at their vacation home in the Caymans. What a FABULOUS time! Had so much fun and my boyfriends Dad and step-mom are AWESOME!
I found the technique I used on Sharon's site HERE, she did a great job of presenting the technique and, like her, I have fallen in love with it! She did a cute one where the opening is a fish bowl. Go check it out.


I used Plantin Schoolbook to cut out the circles and Gypsy Wanderings to cut the Thank You. I also used the flower embossing folder that came with my Cuttlebug to emboss the envelope and the top layer of the card.

For my "gel" I actually used hand sanitizer because I was concerned it might leak since I was actually mailing the card, not that gel would've hurt anything... just thought the sanitizer was a little more... well, sanitary lol

I wish I had taken a pic of the inside prior to mailing it because it was a super cute underwater scene with starfish which is funny since we had quite a starfish incident while on vacation... to much lol.

Thanks for visiting and if you like my work please leave a comment. Thanks for creating with me :)

1 comment: