Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Card

Hello my fabulous friends! Today I have a Mother's Day card for you. I just love this stamp set and have been wanting to use it for a while now.


I used a  White Daisy card base. I then cut a piece of  Slate at 5 1/4 by 1 1/2 and ran it through the Cuttlebug using a bricked embossing folder. I distressed the bricks by running a sponge with  Smokey Plum ink over them.


I stamped the woman on White Daisy with Smokey Plum and did a fair amount of distressing around the edges with Smokey Plum as well. The trim was done the same and then fussy cut and placed just above the slate bricks.



The roses were stamped in 2nd generation Smokey Plum then "Rocked 'n Rolled" in  Sweet Leaf . I just LOVE this stamping technique!


For the sentiment, I used Sweet Leaf and then mounted it to a piece of White Daisy that I distressed with Smokey Plum. I also added three sparkles from the Sparkles Clear Assortment next to the woman.


I am entering this card in the  Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #92 challenge and the  Bitten by the Bug 2 Mother's Day challenge.


Hope you enjoy my card and have an INSPIRED day! :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors and design of your card. Beautiful stamped images!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Perfect for Mother's Day! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty Mother's Day card! Love your sponging over the bricks - gives a good vintage feel.Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the color combo and I love the silhouette! The flowers are so pretty too. Sorry I'm so late in visiting you. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should enter this at FCCB-they're giving away a $50 SVGcuts.com prize! They are allowing backlinking!

    ReplyDelete