Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dotty For You Birthday Card

Hello everyone! My daughter has a birthday party to attend and we wanted to make her friend an extra special card. So many birthdays going on lately, YAY! I truly love Birthdays :) We made this cute birthday card with the new Dotty For You paper pack from Close To My Heart. I really LOVE this paper pack. It is so versatile and at $5 a pack how can you beat it!?
The base is cut to 12x6 and folded top-wise. The blue cloud strip is cut at 2x6. The happy birthday square is a 2x2 white square that I stamped with the Art Philosophy coordinating Happy Birthday stamp and then sponged pink around the edges. I then adhered the square to a reddish pink dotty paper cut at 2 1/4 (hindsight I think I would have liked it better at 2 1/2). The arrow is 5 1/2 with a sparkly pink brad in the center to hold it to the base. You can spin the arrow, how fun is that!? I then cut 5 yellow stars at 1 inch and stamped them with the Art Philosophy coordinating star stamp from Close to My Heart.
The butterfly pattern is on the reverse side of the yellow dotty paper which makes for a nice border. I cut 2 5x5 yellow squares to adhere to the inside so my daughter would have room to write her personal note and we stamped "Happy Birthday" on the top half using the 4 My Friend stamp set from Close To My Heart.
And of course on the reverse I adhered my personal logo. Hope you all enjoyed today's card and thanks for creating with me! :)

1 comment: