Friday, September 13, 2013

Thank you card using embossed resist

Hello everyone! Hope your all enjoying your Friday. I can't wait til tomorrow because I will be attending my first ever crop! I'm super excited! :) Today I would like to share with you a card I created using a new technique I learned called embossed resist. Instead of simply embossing an image you emboss then stamp ink over it. The embossed image will resist the ink creating the wonderful effect seen here.
To make my thank you card, I started with Daisy White CTMH cardstock cut to 12x5 then scored at 6 to fold creating a 5x6 card. I then used a corner rounder to round the corners. Next I used VersaMark to stamp the flower image onto the card twice then embossed using clear embossing powder. I then used sponge daubers to add sweet leaf, sunset, tulip, and pacifica CTMH ink pads to the card starting at the bottom and working my way to the top. I blended them by continuing to daub the colors over one another. I would have liked it to have blended better, but practice makes perfect :) After doubing the ink, I took a baby wipe to wipe away the excess ink on the embossed image.
Finally I embossed "Thanks a bunch" in dutch blue on Daisy White card stock, adhered that to a light blue card stock, rounding the opposite corners. I then adhered this to a strip of light orange card stock that I adhered below the flowers.
Hope you like it and thanks for creating with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment