Saturday, April 26, 2014

Challenge Inspired Birthday Card

Hello Out There! Today I had some fun making a birthday card with CAS(E) this Sketch and Runway Inspired Challenges! They have joined forces this week to do a combo challenge. I'm excited about this one because it is quite a bit different from my usual. I had a lot of fun and hope you like the results.
For this double challenge we were provided with a runway look AND a sketch to use as inspiration! Here they are:



I think you can probably tell where the elements in my card came from! :)
I used White Daisy for the card base, cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4" to create a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 card. I then cut a 4 x 5 1/4 black mat. I used the Cricut Design Space to create the diamond pattern and the flower circle using these shapes:



The Argyle is from the Artiste cartridge cut in Slate cardstock. I then ran the cut through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The Flowers are from the Art Philosophy cartridge cut in both Pacifica and an orange patterned paper from COLORBOK. I don't actually recommend this paper do to how thin it is, but I've still got a couple pattern packs of it laying around. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the retired promotional "Cloud Nine" set and is stamped in Pacifica on White Daisy card stock then fussy cut and attached with a pop-dot.
The butterflies and dragonfly are from the retired Garden Wooden Shapes from Close To My Heart. I added some sparkles to them using the Sparkles Black & Grey Assortment and the retired Sparkles Blue & Green Assortment.
On the inside I stamped this Dr. Seuss sentiment and the cake from the retired promotional "You Are My Happy" stamp set.
It's a bit different from my usual style but I definitely love how it turned out!
Hope I've helped you to have an INSPIRED day!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely take on the inspiration photo and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful texture, both with the embossed swiss dots and the wood veneer! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your wooden embellishments! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete